John Deverell CBE
- Crisis preparedness, reputational and security expert; Invensys plc, King Worldwide.
- Resolution of commercial crises in China, Americas, Europe, Africa. Business continuity through Arab Spring.
- Worked in every Middle Eastern and North African state, less Iran.
- British Army General officer; Special Forces; MOD Director Defence Diplomacy.
- Disproved Iraq WMD; negotiation with Libyan regime on WMD; reported to British Foreign Secretary on Israel/Palestine. Strategic advice to governments and companies.
- Multiple TV and radio interviews on risk and security.
- MPhil Cambridge University in International Relations. Diploma Kent University in negotiation and mediation. Fluent French, working level Arabic, German, Portuguese.
- Spent more than 30 years in financial services with various institutions including Merrill Lynch, RBC and JP Morgan in London and Hong Kong.
- Led RBC’s Global Wealth Management across the British Isles.
- Held senior client relationship management and leadership positions & was listed in Spear’s Top 50 wealth management “Power Index”.
- Has wide experience of resolving challenging issues and a particular interest in supporting leadership to deliver better results through enhanced employee engagement.
- Values Based Leadership as a basis for improving organisational performance and one-to-one leadership mentoring
- Creating a shared sense of joint enterprise between contractors and hiring organisations
- Think-tank developing Defence Capability out to 20-year horizon
- Crisis management at tactical and strategic level including extensive support to COBR
- British Army Brigadier, extensive operational and training expertise
- Negotiated with Libyan regime during post-WMD period and ran NATO team that trained and equipped the Afghan Army
- Expert in reputational resilience and crisis management.
- 25 years advice to governments and leading global companies on structural reform, complex financial transactions, crises and corporate disputes.
- Significant experience in the Middle East.
- CEO Woodstock Leasor: a London-based strategic communications consultancy.
- MA Oxford University in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.
- Qualified German lawyer.
- Background in PR and media evaluation.
- Postgraduate degree in relationship therapy.
- Focus on the psychology of communication and conflict resolution