John Deverell CBE
- Crisis preparedness, reputational and security expert; Invensys plc, King Worldwide.
- Resolution of commercial crises in China, Americas, Europe, Africa. Business continuity through Arab Spring.
- Worked in every Middle Eastern and North African state, less Iran.
- British Army General officer; Special Forces; MOD Director Defence Diplomacy.
- Disproved Iraq WMD; negotiation with Libyan regime on WMD; reported to British Foreign Secretary on Israel/Palestine. Strategic advice to governments and companies.
- Multiple TV and radio interviews on risk and security.
- MPhil Cambridge University in International Relations. Diploma Kent University in negotiation and mediation. Fluent French, working level Arabic, German, Portuguese.
- Logistics, risk management and security expert.
- Independent supply chain and manufacturing facility auditor.
- 25+ years experience in blue chip (including DHL, G4S, Ernst & Young) and new venture organisations. Geographies include Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- Graduate University of Auckland, New Zealand; MBA Cranfield University School of Management, United Kingdom.
- Spent more than 30 years in financial services with various institutions including Merrill Lynch, RBC and JP Morgan in London and Hong Kong.
- Led RBC’s Global Wealth Management across the British Isles.
- Held senior client relationship management and leadership positions & was listed in Spear’s Top 50 wealth management “Power Index”.
- Has wide experience of resolving challenging issues and a particular interest in supporting leadership to deliver better results through enhanced employee engagement.
- Values Based Leadership as a basis for improving organisational performance and one-to-one leadership mentoring
- Creating a shared sense of joint enterprise between contractors and hiring organisations
- Think-tank developing Defence Capability out to 20-year horizon
- Crisis management at tactical and strategic level including extensive support to COBR
- British Army Brigadier, extensive operational and training expertise
- Negotiated with Libyan regime during post-WMD period and ran NATO team that trained and equipped the Afghan Army
- 20 years’ experience delivering risk, crisis and continuity management
- Held senior roles in multinational corporations and consultancies
- Worked in over 20 countries, in 4 languages, on 4 continents, often in complex or hostile environments.
- Prepared for, and managed the corporate response to acute crises including political instability, kidnap, piracy, reputation attack, cyber attack, operational incidents and terrorism.
- Holds a master’s degree in Corporate Risk.
- Previously served as a British Army officer.
- Expert in reputational resilience and crisis management.
- 25 years advice to governments and leading global companies on structural reform, complex financial transactions, crises and corporate disputes.
- Significant experience in the Middle East.
- CEO Woodstock Leasor: a London-based strategic communications consultancy.
- MA Oxford University in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.
Colonel Alastair Campbell
- Former British Defence Attaché to Iraq, Kuwait and Egypt.
- Development, education, training and commercial programmes for many years in the Middle East.
- Senior consultant for a number of security companies.
- MA Oxford University in Arabic and Spanish; fluent in Arabic and French.
- Qualified German lawyer.
- Background in PR and media evaluation.
- Postgraduate degree in relationship therapy.
- Focus on the psychology of communication and conflict resolution
Dr Christopher Mackmurdo
- Strategic intelligence and counter-terrorism specialist
- Former head of counter-terrorism and national security research at the Foreign Office, responsible for assessing strategic global terrorism risks to UK
- Co-author of CONTEST, the UK’s counter-terrorism strategy, in 2006, 2009 and 2011
- Co-chair of cabinet-level inter-agency intelligence group on terrorism threats to UK
- Extensive support to COBR, the Joint Intelligence Committee and the National Security Council
- PhD in strategic intelligence from the London School of Economics
- Fellowships at the University of Cambridge and War Studies Dept., King’s College, London
- Risk dashboard
- Crises control
- Human rights
- UK Bribery Act
- Intellectual Property protection
- Reputation management
- Cultural advice
- Negotiation & mediation
- Cyber security
- Empirical research & strategy
- Business intelligence & due diligence
- Political risk advisory
- Discreet diplomatic intervention
- Physical security